You landed on this site because you are a TV junky. That means you love all things TV, and that you are always ready for the newest best-of-lists, so long as they apply to a channel you adore. So, what happens when you can’t tune in to your favorite shows? What if your TV breaks down and your laptop or desktop is caput? Well, then it becomes time to learn about watching TV on your cell phone.
And, if you are staring at the screen of a tee-tiny phone in desperate need of an upgrade, you might want to do some investigating on Izengate. Get yourself a new Motorola Droid Maxx 2 and then find the perfect flip cover case. Seriously, if you have to watch TV on your cell phone, you want to be sure that the screen has been well protected from the elements and the kids.
Apps to Watch TV on Your Cell Phone
Sure, we could just tell you to pull out your cell phone and start watching TV. But, we would be remiss if we didn’t direct you to some great apps to help you do that. So, without further ado, please consider these apps to watch TV on your cell phone:
- A&E-If Storage Wars or Duck Dynasty are calling your name, this app will give you access to those shows and even the deleted scenes. It’s free as long as you have cable with a participating provider.
- AT&T U-verse Live TV– This is a broadband set-up provided by AT&T. You can watch live TV and shows on demand with this handy app, but be prepared to pay for it. Learn more.
- Bloomberg- The world of business will be at your fingertips with this free app.
- Bravo Now- Maybe you’re more into Top Chef and Million Dollar Listing. This is an app that’s usefulness is attached to your cable subscription as well.
- Cartoon Network– Your kids will appreciate this one. But, it needs a cable subscription too.
- CBS- With this free app, you’ll have access to archives of over 6000 shows and even live TV from your local station.
- Crackle- You get free access to Sony’s vast library of shows. That includes Wheel of Fortune, Shark Tank, and The Amazing Spiderman 2. Read this.
- The CW– Episodes of Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and even Reign will be at your beckon call with this completely free app.
- Discovery Channel– Some of us couldn’t survive without the education channels like Discovery. Thankfully, this is free for your viewing pleasure too.
- Livestation- If you are ok utilizing an app that allows in-app purchases, this might be of use to you. You can create and stream your very own videos on this app as well.
- NBC- Don’t miss Saturday Night Live. You can view it for free on the NBC app.
- Netflix- This is probably our personal favorite when it comes to apps to access TV shows and movies. However, it will cost you a monthly subscription rate.
- PBS- You have to love PBS, especially if you have little ones. There are some really amazing educational programs on that channel and its free app.
We wanted to provide you with apps that didn’t require a subscription, but since most do, feel free to read the rest of the list here.