It is of utter importance to always ensure that your WiFi network is secure, whether in the office or at home. You should put measures to ensure that outsiders can’t access it without your permission. This is very important because of a number of security reasons that we are going to look at in this article.
People who are able to connect to your wireless router or network may be able to do the following:
- View all the files on your computer or laptop and spread a virus
- Monitor all the websites that you visit, copy your log-in names and passwords, and read all your emails as they travel through the network
- Slow down your computer or laptop and the Internet connection speed
- Send spam and/or perform illegal activities using your Internet connection
Most companies and individuals will go to the end of the world to prevent unauthorized users from accessing their WiFi networks, although the wireless access points can provide hackers with a few convenient ways to access it. This is because these signals can broadcast beyond the walls of the office or home, attracting hackers.
In most companies, employees and even guests, can access their WiFi networks using their smartphones, tablets and computers, and they leave their WiFi networks open full time. We are going to look at some of the measures that can be taken to ensure that the IT networks are more secure:
Use WiFi Protected Access (WPA)
There are some WiFi access points that still use Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), although nowadays hackers can easily access those using methods such as Aircracking. to prevent that from happening, one can use some form of deviation like WiFi Protected Access (WPA) protection. Either the WPA or the recent WPA2 standard is ideal.
Utilize a Secure WPA Password Secure WiFi
To protect a wireless network, it is important for one to create a password. It should be long and have many different characters aside from words. This makes it hard for intruders to hack into the network. You can test the security of the WPA by using a service like CloudCracker. When trying to crack the password, it will ask you to provide info or date that hackers would capture using a device from anywhere within the network.
Check for Rogue WiFi Access Points
Rogue wireless access points tend to present a huge security threat. These are wireless networks that have been brought into the company by employees, visitors or intruders and not the company’s authorized wireless access points.
Make a Separate Network Available for Guests
If you have guests and allow them to use your WiFi Network regularly, it is highly recommended to have a separate network for the guests. The guests will still be able to connect to the internet but without accessing the primary internal network. This will prevent the guests from bringing malware to your primary network.
We are now going to go through a number of reviews of WiFi routers, adapters, extenders and other smart components for your home, now that we are talking about WiFi. These routers are some of the best performers in the market, and these reviews will save you the time of going to look for routers.
Netgear AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router
Next generation Gigabit WiFi technology has arrived. Get 3xfaster access and more reliable streaming for your home computers and mobile devices. Beamforming+ and dual band technology makes your gaming more extreme and your HD streaming smoother.
- Beamforming – Faster, more reliable connections
- USB 3.0 port – Up to 10x faster USB hard drive access.
- Two USB ports – Wirelessly access and share USB hard drive and printer.
- Ultimate connectivity for dual band WiFi devices like iPad/iPhone 5.
- ReadyCLOUD USB Access allows you to enjoy personal and secure cloud access to USB storage anytime, anywhere.
- Open Source Support at myopenrouter website
- AC1750 WiFi – 450+1300 Mbps speeds
- High-powered external antennas for improved WiFi coverage.
- Ideal for homes with 12 or more WiFi devices.
- NETGEAR genie App—Enjoy more of your connected home. Now with remote access.
Eero Home WiFi System
Eero is the world’s first whole home WiFi system. A set of three Eeros covers the typical home. They work in perfect unison to deliver hyper-fast, super-stable WiFi to every square foot. Stream video, get work done, or swipe right in any room — not just next to your router. It’s simple to set up. Easy to manage. And gets better over time with new features and improved performance. Finally. WiFi that actually works.
Eero is powered by TrueMesh, the software and mesh routing algorithm at the core of the product. It’s the next generation of wireless mesh technology, custom-built from the ground up to work perfectly with Eero. Taking full advantage of the hardware, it means that your WiFi is not only fast and resilient, but also intelligently adapts to your home.
Relying on a single router is like asking a loud speaker in your living room to provide great sound throughout your home. It’s simple physics: WiFi waves don’t go through walls well and have an even harder time climbing stairs? Ever tried to stream a show from your bedroom when your router’s in the office downstairs? It’s a buffering nightmare.
To solve this, you need multiple access points, devices that broadcast WiFi, distributed throughout your home. That’s what you’ll find in office buildings, both big and small. But these solutions are out of reach for most of us, and all we’re left with is a band-aid solution: range “extenders,” which don’t live up to their name.
With Eero, you simply plug one device into your modem. Additional Eeros only need power from a standard outlet. Powered by TrueMesh, they automatically connect to each other to create a single wireless mesh network that covers your whole home. If you already have Ethernet wiring, you can always choose to hardwire your additional Eeros.
Three Eeros cover the typical home. You can start with one and Eero-up depending on the size of your space. You already pay for high-speed Internet, isn’t it time to get what you’ve paid for in every corner of your home?
- In the box: Eero WiFi System (3 Eeros) power adapters (3), Ethernet cable, quick start guide
- Processor, memory, and storage:0GHz dual-core processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB flash storage
- Security and networking services: WPA2 personal wireless encryption, DHCP, NAT, VPN passthrough, UPnP
- Wireless connectivity: Dual-band WiFi radios, simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless, 2×2 MIMO, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready
- Wired connectivity: Dual auto-sensing Gigabit ports for WAN (cable or DSL modem) and/or LAN (networked device) connectivity, USB 2.0 port
- Electrical and environmental requirements: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz
Wink Connected Home Hub
The Wink HUB allows your diverse collection of smart home products to speak the same wireless language, so that you can easily control them, and customize their interactions, from the Wink app.
The Wink app is a beautifully designed mobile app that keeps you connected to your home – no matter where you are. Available free on the App Store and Google Play.
Wink Shortcuts allow you to you control multiple products with a single tap – from turning on your house in the morning to setting the mood for movie night. It’s like having an extra set of hands to help you around the house, which is awesome.
Wink Robots let you customize the way products talk to each other. So now you can make your Kwikset SmartCode Deadbolt tell your lights and A/C to turn on every time you unlock the front door, or set schedules to turn everything off when you go to bed at night. Think of it as teaching your home to think on its own. Impressive, we know.
All Your Favorite Brands
There are a lot of smart home brands out there – Nest, GE, Schlage and more – but they couldn’t always connect or communicate with each other. Until Wink. Now you have more choice in what smart devices are right for your home, and more ways they can work together so they’re even smarter. Plus, no monthly fees – ever.
Wink App Ready
Products that are Wink App Ready have Wink technology built in, and can connect directly to the Wink App without the assistance of the Wink HUB. These products use Wi-Fi to connect to your wireless router, and it’s quick and easy to connect them; the app will walk you through a simple setup process.
Wink App Compatible
Using the Wink HUB, these products can connect to the Wink app just like your Wink App Ready products. They use communications like Z-Wave, Zigbee, and ClearConnect to improve battery life and extend the range of other smart products around your home. The Wink HUB allows different devices to speak the same wireless language, so you can easily control them, and customize their interactions, from the Wink app.
- All of your favorite smart products seamlessly connected in one simple app The Wink Hub will not automatically reconnect, since you’ve changed the credentials that the Hub currently knows. In order to update those credentials, power cycle your Wink Hub by unplugging it and plugging back in. Wait for it start flashing purple (may take several minutes). Then, go to the Wink app Wi-Fi Settings menu under Wink Hub Settings. Enter the new Wi-Fi credentials, tap “Update,” and your Wink Hub should connect to your newly updated network!
- Wink Hub allows your diverse collection of smart products to speak the same wireless language so you can easily control them from the Wink app Android phones (specifically Samsung Galaxies) have a default setting which causes the phone to jump between Wi-Fi or mobile data, depending on which connection is strongest. Disabling mobile data allows the phone to successfully pair the Hub.
- Easy setup: download the Wink app, connect your hub in minutes, add your favorite smart products
- No required monthly fees, ever
- Beautifully designed mobile app that keeps you connected to your home – no matter where you are
- Supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, Z-Wave, ZigBee, Lutron ClearConnect, Kidde
- Wink’s first home automation hub, serving as the precursor to Wink Hub 2
VeraEdge Home Controller
Add smart devices like a camera, motion sensor, and a siren alarm. VeraEdge will send you a notification if anything unusual is detected. Add a camera and a door lock; then watch from your smart phone as your child arrives home safely. Or setup a Vera VistaCam to watch and share the antics of your pets.
- Home control hub that’s simple to use and reliable; compatible with Wi-Fi and Z-Wave. Provides the peace of mind that your home & loved ones are safe and secure
- The “brain” of your wireless smart home/security system works with most brands & models including Nest, Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, Philips Hue & more
- Easily Control Your Home or Small Business with One-Touch Settings for Home, Away, Night and Vacation; View Multiple Cameras on a Single Dashboard.
- Adjust Lights, Lock Doors, Set Thermostats and More for Convenience and Security. Control Up To 220 Devices with Reliable Wireless Technology.
- One Easy App Controls Entire System with a Common Appearance Across All Platforms (PC/ Mac/ iOS/ Android Smartphones, Tablets and Desktops).
ZyXEL PLA5456KIT 1800 Mbps AV2000
Designed for high bandwidth use, the ZyXEL PLA5456 Powerline HD adapter offers a simple solution for home networks facing wireless coverage difficulties. The ZyXEL PLA5456 provides gigabit speeds to strengthen your home network without adding any extra cables. Simply plug in the PLA5456 to your outlets and connect to your network devices to extend your Internet access. With the latest HomePlug AV2 technology, enjoy speeds up to 1800 Mbps* and backward compatibility with older HomePlug AV products. Two gigabit Ethernet ports are included for connecting multiple devices so you can use wired connections to improve reliability and coverage on all your smart devices. Expand your coverage in a few simple steps and enjoy a faster network with the new ZyXEL PLA5456.
ZyXEL PLA5456 adapter includes two Gigabit Ethernet ports with speeds up to 1800 Mbps*. Advanced HomePlug AV2 technology provides a stable network and great coverage for your home. Included are two gigabit LAN ports that allow you to connect multiple wired network devices without needing to add a separate switch. With a 128-bit Advanced Encryption Security (AES) mechanism, experience gigabit class speed with a secure connection to the Internet.
- Expands your network for smooth 4K video streaming and lag-free online gaming
- Gigabit Speed with Advanced HomePlug AV2 and MIMO technology
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting multiple devices
- QoS for high bandwidth activities
- Simple Plug and Play Setup
- Pass-Thru Design for an extra power outlet
- Multi-colored LED indicators
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Desktop WiFi Range Extender
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Range Extender boosts your existing network range and speed, delivering extreme dual band WiFi up to 1900Mbps. The 700mW high-powered amplifiers provide extreme range, while the dual core 1GHz processor enables maximum WiFi performance.
- Extend dual band WiFi up to 1900Mbps and reduce interference.
- External antennas for better WiFi coverage and more speed.
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports – Connect a wired device like Blu-ray player, game console, or smart TV to your WiFi network.
- Two WiFi Modes – Extend existing WiFi connection or create a new AC WiFi access point.
- FastLane Technology – Use both WiFi bands to establish one super high-speed connection; ideal for HD streaming and gaming.
- Ideal for extending WiFi to devices like the iPhone 6S, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, iPad Air 2, and MacBook Pro
- Extreme dual band WiFi speed – up to 1.9Gbps
- 700 mW high-power amplifiers & high-gain 5dBi antennas for maximum WiFi coverage
- Dual core 1GHz processor for max WiFi performance
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports to connect all your wired devices
- FastLane Technology – Use both WiFi bands to establish one super high-speed connection; ideal for HD streaming & gaming
Nest Learning Thermostat, 3rd Generation
A thinner, sleeker design. A bigger, sharper display. The 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat is more beautiful than ever. With Farsight, it lights up when it sees you coming and shows you the time or temperature from across the room. And the Nest Thermostat is proven to save energy. That’s the most beautiful part.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Auto-Schedule: Nest learns the temperatures you like and programs itself in about a week.
- Home/Away Assist: Nest automatically turns itself down when nobody’s home to help you save energy.
- Remote Control: Connect your thermostat to Wi-Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Farsight: When the Nest Thermostat spots you across the room, it lights up beautifully to show you the time, temperature or weather.
- Energy Star: First thermostat to earn Energy Star. Your thermostat controls half your energy bill – more than appliances, more than electronics. Saving energy starts with your Thermostat.
- Energy History: Check your Energy History in the Nest app to see how much energy you use and why.
- Nest Leaf: You’ll see the Leaf when you choose a temperature that saves energy. It guides you in the right direction.
Two Mid-Range Drivers and One Tweeter, Each with A Dedicated Amp, And A Bass Radiator
The PLAY:3 provides pure, clean sound that is perfect for bringing room-filling music to a kitchen, bedroom, office, or just about any room in your home. A bass radiator produces powerful low notes while two mid-range drivers and one tweeter fill out the sound. Go vertical, go horizontal, hide it on a shelf, or mount it on the wall. Start with any Sonos speaker and start streaming your favorite music. Continue to add as many Sonos speakers as you want throughout your home, wirelessly.
- Two custom-designed drivers with dedicated amplifiers.
- Trueplay tuning delivers sound that’s true to the music and right for the room.
- Control all your music and streaming services from a single app.
- Uses your WiFi. Easy to set up and expand your system over time.
- Designed to withstand high-humidity.
Grace Digital Mondo GDI-IRC6000 Wi-Fi Music Player
The Grace Digital Mondo Wi-Fi music player (GDI-IRC6000) is a combination Internet radio and audio media streamer that brings all the audio content of the Internet from your broadband connection to your home or office. Listen to over 17,000+ radio stations including NPR on-demand, FOX news, CNN, BBC, CBS to KROQ, over 35,000 podcast, 20,000+ On-Demand streams or your personal Pandora radio stations – Free. In addition to the ability to play all the Free music in the world, music files from your PC, Mac, NAS or USB thumb drive are also easily accessed via the bright large 3.5-Inch TFT color backlight display.
The Mondo also accesses additional Free and Pay music services such as DAR.fm, Live 365, MP3tunes, iHeartRadio, Weatherbug and SiriusXM Internet radio. The Mondo comes with a full featured remote control with direct access Pandora thumbs up and down buttons, aux input to connect additional music sources (such as an iPhone – not included), RCA outputs, USB jack to play USB saved music on a thumb drive or connect a Grace USB to Ethernet dongle (not included) and is compatible with the free Grace remote control App for iPhone/iTouch/ iPad and Android phones.
The Grace Mondo has 7 full discrete alarms to wake up to buzzer or your favorite preset. With the built in adjustable snooze bar/sleep timer wake or fall asleep to your favorite digital music. On the front of the radio there are 10 presets as well as media player buttons and direct access Pandora buttons to thumbs up/down, skip or pause Pandora music. The headset jack is conveniently located on the side. For the ultimate in portability the Grace Mondo provides a built-in lithium Ion battery charger. The battery pack (sold separately) provides up to 6 hours of true portable music. Listen to all of your digital music anywhere in your home or office with Grace.
- The Grace Digital Mondo GDI-IRC6000 streams over 17,000 radio stations and on demand contact included Pandora, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, Live365, NPR, NOAA weather and Weatherbug
- Play music directly from the Internet without a PC or play your favorite computer files from your computer. Supports: AAC, AAC+, ADTS, AIFC, AIFF, CAF, MP3, NeXT, OGG, WAV, WMA,ASX, M3U, PLS,HTTP, HTTPS, RTSP, Apple Lossless, and FLAC 24-bit 96kHz files
- Play your digital music and enjoy crisp highs and deep base via the 3-inch woofer and 1 inch tweeter via the class D digital amplifier. Even wake to your favorite music via 7 separate alarms with built in adjustable sleep timer and large snooze bar
- Connectivity includes built in 802.11n Wi-Fi, Headphone, RCA line out, Aux-in, USB (to play flash drive music or optional Grace Digital Ethernet Adapter) with built in Battery Backup to save personal settings and Real-Time clock (RTC)
- Included accessories: Power Adapter, Remote Control, RCA to 3.5mm connector, user’s guide. Download your free iPhone or android remote-control app. Includes a limited 1 year warranty with proof of purchase.
- No Bluetooth
- The Grace Digital Mondo GDI-IRC6000 streams over 17,000 radio stations and on demand contact included Pandora, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, Live365, NPR, NOAA weather and Weatherbug
Welcome to the future of lawn mowing. Introducing the Landroid from WORX. The pre-programmable robotic mower that lets you customize daily mowing schedules, cutting heights and yard sizes. Among its many features, Landroid navigates narrow passages, cuts with precision, even on slopes up to 20 degrees, and does it all while delivering zero emissions. If your lawn is up to 1/4 acre and you want it to look great every day, Landroid mowing technology is designed precisely for you.
- Fully programmed out of the box for easy set-up and use
- AIA technology allows Landroid to make intricate cuts and navigate narrow passages
- Landroid evenly mows inclines and declines up to 20-degrees
- Landroid uses shock sensor system to mow around obstacles
- Automatically returns to base in case of rain or for recharging battery
RainMachine Touch HD-12
This is a great gadget with a friendly interface, great looks, and cloud-independence. It also supports IFTTT, which means this is one flexible solution that you’ll struggle to top at the asking price.
- Late 2015 model – Save water with daily weather adjustments. Use multiple weather data sources from NOAA, METNO or Wunderground to create a redundant and accurate weather network for your garden. Use Netatmo or other Personal Weather Station for hyper-local weather intelligence.
- iPhone and Android, PC browser access with beautiful dashboard stats, seamlessly control from anywhere: Home, Work or Vacation.
- EPA WaterSense certified. Check local water municipality for rebates!
- Open API, integrate with Alexa, Nest, WINK and SmartThings through IFTTT. RainMachine is cloud independent by design, all personal data stored locally, only reliance is NOAA.GOV weather forecast, continues to work even when Wi-Fi is down.
- Bright 6.5” color touch screen display allows full control and monitoring form RainMachine itself.
Feed and Go Smart Pet Feeder
Feed and Go is a really smart pet feeder that has been designed by pet owners to be an ultra-reliable solution for when you need your pet to be fed their wet/dry food or even treats, on time, every time. With a built-in webcam, so you can always check on your pet, real time notifications of when your pet has been fed and the ability to control multiple pet feeders from any smartphone including iOS, Android and Windows, Feed and Go gives you peace of mind when you can’t be home with your pet.
- The only smart pet feeder for wet/dry food, treats & medication, measures 18l x 16w x 3h (inches), we don’t recommend leaving wet food in for longer than 24 hrs.
- Connects by wi-fi to your home network in under one minute
- Built-in webcam so you can see your pet from any smartphone inc ios, android & windows
- Set one time or regular schedules for unlimited feed and go’s from one profile
- Each compartment (there’s 6) holds up to an 8oz cup size, you decide how much to feed, great for wet or dry food, or even treats (we don’t recommend you store wet food in your feeder for over 24 hours)
- Please note: kindly refer the instructional video and the user manual before use which is highly essential
Philips 456210 Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 Bulb Starter Kit
Turn your everyday lighting into an extraordinary experience. Play with colors or sync lights with your music, TV and games for an immersive effect. The possibilities are endless once you start exploring.
Here are some things you can do with this starter kit:
- Decorate your home with 16 million colors, including shades of white for everyday living.
- Use third party apps like Hue Disco to light up the beat to your favorite song.
- Extend your TV experience to the whole room.
- And thousands of other features! The possibilities are endless.
- Works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming, shades of white, and color settings through voice control (hub required and included, Alexa device sold separately)
- Starter kit includes 3 color LED light bulbs and a bridge that wirelessly connects up to 50 lights
- The bridge enables you to control your lights from your smart device via the Philips Hue App. Add Hue accessories or connect to Alexa to control your lights your way
- 2nd Generation starter kit comes with brighter bulbs (upgraded from 600 to 800 lumens) and more internal storage for lighting scenes
- Choose from 16 million colors and play with color. Sync your lights with your music, TV and games for an immersive effect
LIFX Color 1000 A19 Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb
LIFX is a smart lightbulb that uses Wi-Fi to bring immersive color to your home. A simple-to-use app allows you to fine tune your lighting experience; control a single light or your entire home and enjoy strong vibrant colors along with delicate whites.
A Connected Home Should Be Easy
LIFX lights are engineered to provide a simple way to start designing your connected home. A single bulb contains all the technology and hardware needed to use your lights. LIFX is ready to seamlessly integrate with some of your favorite smart home products, including Amazon Echo, Nest and SmartThings.
- Easy set-up, no extra hardware.
- Bold, room-filling color.
- Lasts up to 22 years.
- One app for Android, iOS and Windows 10.
bObi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
Start coming home from work every day to a clean house, without lifting a finger. Crumbs – gone. Pet hair – swept away. Dust and debris – a thing of the past. bObi the intelligent, hands-free cleaner will do all the dirty work for you, sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping your floors to perfection. With advanced wireless technology, obstacle sensors, and a compact, modern design, bObi brings a new standard of clean to your home without sacrificing any style!
- Simultaneously sweeps, vacuums, mops, UV sterilizes, and HEPA filtrates
- Washable, fully submergible dustbin
- Simple touchscreen buttons: Go! Juice, and waffle
- Set a personalized cleaning schedule on her included remote
- Quiet and pet-friendly
iRobot Roomba 650
The Roomba 650 Vacuuming Robot provides a thorough clean, all at the push of a button. The patented, 3-Stage Cleaning System easily picks up dust, pet hair and large debris like cereal. Preset Roomba to clean when it’s convenient for you, so you can keep up with everyday mess. Roomba works on all floor types, and at just 3.6-inch-tall, is specifically designed to fit under most furniture, beds and kickboards.
- iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- 3-Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and suctions floors
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press ‘CLEAN’ on the robot
- Automatically docks and recharges
- Automatically adjusts to all floor types – carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate and more
August Smart Lock
Your smartphone is now a smart key and more. Lock and unlock your door, create virtual keys for guests, and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your iOS or Android smartphone.
- No more keys: Open your door and control who comes in, all from your August Home smartphone app.
- Easy install: Attach to the inside of your current deadbolt in minutes. Your home’s exterior is unchanged.
- Hands-free access: Auto-unlock when you arrive home. Auto-locks after you’re inside.
- Feel secure: Share temporary virtual keys with guests & monitor access with 24/7 in-app activity feed.
- Remote access: Control your front door from anywhere from your app. Requires August Connect.
- Works with: Amazon Alexa, Apple Home Kit (Siri), the Google Assistant, Nest, IFTTT, Wink, Logitech Harmony, Logitech POP, iOS and Android devices
Open and close your garage door from anywhere with your Smartphone. Receive alerts when the garage door opens and closes. With Chamberlain’s MyQ Garage, your Smartphone, Wi-Fi and any compatible garage door opener, you are connected and in control. The Chamberlain MyQ Smartphone app is free with no monthly fees.
- Monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone.
- Choose to receive alerts/notifications on your smartphone when you garage door opens and closes.
- Works with most brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors. Compatibility: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, iPod touch (4th and 5th generation) iPad can run the iPhone version of the app, android smartphones, most android tablets, blackberry, windows and other devices
- Installs in minutes and works with your home’s Wi-Fi, via the free Chamberlain MyQ garage app.
- Included: Wi-Fi Hub, Power Cord, Mounting Bracket, Door Sensor, Instructions for free App download.
Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
The SmartThings Water Leak Sensor can monitor moisture to send you alerts that could prevent a leak from becoming a flood. It can also monitor temperature. It requires the SmartThings Hub.
- Get an immediate alert on your smartphone at the first sign of excess water.
- Trigger a light or siren to turn on to alert you if water is detected where it doesn’t belong.
- Place the sensor beside the sump pump in your basement to be notified if the sump pump fails.
- Additional Requirements: Samsung SmartThings Hub
Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell
With a motion-activated camera, two-way audio and brilliant HD video, you’ll never miss a visitor again. See, hear and speak to anyone at your door in real time from your smartphone, tablet or desktop. Day or night, rain or shine, you’re always home.
- Wide-angle HD video.
- Night Vision.
- Motion-activated Alerts.
- Wi-Fi Compatible.
- Mobile Access.
- Lifetime Purchase Protection.
- Easy Installation.
- Rechargeable battery.
Wansview 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera
With this smart IP camera, you can assess to your camera’s video stream in no time. Live Stream and playback recorded video of your home, your kids, your pets, or your business with the Wansview app.
- Easy setup: Wansview APP allows you to connect via iOS/Android smart-phont in 3 steps by simply scanning the QR Code on the underside of the camera. Important tips before connection: IP/Network-2.4GHz Wireless (Incompatible with 5GHz). If your router supports both band, please close the 5GHz whiling connection. Set WPA2-PSK(AES) / WPA-PSK(AES) as Encryption
- Temperature and humidity display: Indoor Room Temp 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C) & Humidity 10 to 99% RH.
- 1080P PRO HD: Provide better video resolution with night vision, and Micro SD card slot (max 64GB supported) for video recording and playback. With built-in 3 Dbi Antenna for extreme reliable Wi-Fi connection.
- Two-way audio: with built-in mic and speaker, remotely talk and listen to your kids, family with the clear sound quality.
- Excellent compatible and customer service: Supports remote viewing via iOS/Android mobile devices, Windows PC, Apple Mac system and web browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome supported). If you have any problems, please send email to email@example.com or call +1 6018063192 on 6 PM ~ 32 AM (PST) Monday-Friday.
CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD Intelligent 1500VA Mini-Tower Backup
A mini-tower UPS with line interactive topology, the CyberPower Intelligent LCD CP1500AVRLCD provides battery backup (using simulated sine wave output) and surge protection for desktop computers, workstations, networking devices, and home entertainment systems. The CP1500AVRLCD uses Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) to correct minor power fluctuations without switching to battery power, which extends battery life. AVR is essential in areas where power fluctuations occur frequently.
- 1500VA/900 Watts UPS system – Protects PCs, workstations, and home entertainment systems. Prevents data loss and protects electronic equipment from harmful power problems
- Line interactive – Corrects brownouts and overvoltage without using battery power. GreenPower UPS, reduces energy consumption up to 75%.
- Updated design and new features include: additional outlets, easy to read LCD control panel, accident-proof On/Off power button and sleek case design
- 12 outlets: (6) battery backup & surge protected outlets, (6) surge protected outlets
- Energy star qualified – mini-tower form factor – 3-year warranty.
Lets you control small appliances using 1800 watts or under, including lights, window air conditioners, fans, portable heaters, coffee makers, and home audio systems.
Siri Voice Commands
Compatible with Apple HomeKit and Siri to turn off and on connected appliances, lights and more with a single voice command (iOS 8 or higher required), simple speak and your home responds. Set schedules and timers to automate your home, and it requires WiFi connection with internet access.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Wi-Fi enabled. No Hub or monthly fees required. Control your plug globally with Wi-Fi access.
- Works with Apple HomeKit & Siri, Nest, Wink, Alexa and Smart Things platforms.
- Broadest Platform Support of any Smart Plugs: Works with other smart products and apps you may already have including Amazon Alexa Apple HomeKit, Wink, Smart Things and Nest
- Control lamps, space heaters, Air Conditioners, Fans, Holiday lighting and more up to 1800 Watts per plug.
- Use Siri to control connected devices with a single voice command (requires IOS 9.0 or higher) Slim design fits any standard 110V outlet, leaving second outlet free or put two Smart Plugs in a single outlet.
You can now have a fully connected smart home, controlling everything right from your fingertips. You just have to be optimistic and follow the instructions of the gadgets to book for them to work optimally.