The internet has taken over the world by storm, and nowadays, most people spend their time online. It is a hub of information on practically anything, it is where people shop, and now it is also where people stream their television services from. In this article, we will be looking at some of the popular TV streaming services that people subscribe to. Most of them charge small fees depending on the program packages that one would like to subscribe to, but they are generally very affordable.
For those that love movies and/ or TV lovers, Netflix is the way to go. They are the biggest streaming service in the United States, and possibly in the world even though at times they don’t always stock up their shelves with must have new movies and television shows. Most smart TVs come with the Netflix apps, and they mostly stream super HD on both TV and tablets.
Amazon Prime Instant Video
Amazon and Netflix are two sides of the same coin. They have very few differences between them. They each have their own set of original series, although Amazon Prime is not as popular as Netflix. It is available for PC and Mac, the Kindle Fire HD, iPad, Xbox One, PS4, internet-enabled TVs and Blu-ray players, Sony’s Home Cinema system, Sony’s Network Media Player and myriad other minor devices that will go unmentioned.
Hulu and Hulu Plus
This is the best way for one to watch their favorite TV shows, such as NBC, FOX and Comedy Central. It comes in two packages, the free, ad supported version, and the premium ad free Hulu Plus. There’s three minutes of advertising every 10 minutes, but it’s nothing you’re not used to coming from traditional cable.
Those are some of the popular online streaming sites. In order to sign up to the sites, one needs to have an email address. This is what they’ll use to sign up, and it is through the email that one will receive email updates from the streaming sites. Below, we are going to jog you through the process of setting up a Gmail account.
Gmail currently has more than I billion users around the globe, and the numbers are increasing day and night. It is not limited to mailing alone, but can also connect with social networking sites, send files, make video calls and many more things. Kicking off by offering users 1GB of storage, Gmail quickly got ahead of other service providers like Yahoo and Reddit, who were only offering 15MB.
Signing up is a very easy affair. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Go to gmail.com to begin the process
- At the top right of the official page, click on the “Sign In” icon
- In the next page, go to ”Create a New Account“ icon
- Fill in data in the empty fields provided
- Verify the data
- Click on the “Create my Account” icon
- You will be redirected to the verification step
- A verification code will be sent to your mobile
- Enter the verification code in the empty fields
- Click on Submit
- You will be redirected to your new www.gmail.com account
- Upload Image and complete the sign-up process
You are now good to go with your Gmail account. The latest version comes with the latest features such as separating your folders. It can filter spam messages into the spam folder, a social folder for social promotional messages and your regular inbox.
To log in to your Gmail account, simply follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.gmail.com
- In the login box, enter your username and password
- Click on “Sign in”
- You will be redirected to your account
Forgot your Password?
If you have forgotten your password, there is nothing to worry about because Gmail has you covered. Follow the instructions below:
- Click on sign in
- Enter your email Address
- Below the sign in button you can find “Forgot Password”
- Click on Forgot Password
- Enter the last password that you can remember
- Click on Continue
- You will be given two options to send a verification code, phone or email
- Select any one
- A verification code will be sent to you
- Enter the 6-digit verification code and Click on “Continue”
- A new page will be displayed
- Create a new password
- Confirm the new password
- Click on create new password
Well, now you can sign up and watch your favorite TV shows on any of the sites listed above. There are many more sites that also offer the same services. Remember, in order to sign up, go to gmail.com to set up your account so that you can use it to access the sites.