With an electric shaver, a person can be assured of a smooth, clean shave in a short time. There are no risks of cuts or bruises, since it doesn’t come too close to the skin. When choosing an electric shaver, you should be sure that it will meet your needs. There are some that might not meet your needs. In this article, we are going to look at some of the things that one can look at when choosing the right electric shaver.
Purpose of Shaving – Foil vs. Rotary Shavers vs. Trimmers
What is your main purpose of shaving? Will you be shaving on a daily basis, or will you just want to trim your hair? The moment that you know your purpose for shaving, it will be easier for you to decide on the type of shaver that you want. Foil shavers are used by people that shave every day since they have a foil that prevents the razor from coming in contact with the skin and bringing about irritation. Rotary shavers have spinning discs with floating heads, aimed at straightening facial contours. Trimmers, like the name suggests, are used for trimming purposes.
Power Consumption and Supply – Plug-in vs Corded
There are battery powered shavers, plug-in charging shavers and corded shavers. Go for the one that suits your convenience, although battery powered shavers are not convenient for people that shave every day.
Wet/Dry Electric Shavers
There are people that prefer to save time in the morning by shaving while they shower. This also tends to soften the hair due to the moisture. When choosing a wet shaver, take into mind that there are some that don’t allow shaving gels and creams. The shavers should not be plugged in when using it in the shower.
Ease of Cleaning Electric Razors – Manual Clean vs. Cleaning and Charging units
For the sake of hygiene, it is important for razors to be cleaned. This can prevent skin infections, and especially for people with sensitive skin. Some come with their own in built cleaning systems, while others have to be cleaned manually.
Mobility with Electric Shavers
Shavers with plug-in charging and cordless shavers offer the most mobility, and that is a very important factor to consider when selecting a shaver.
Electric Shaver Reviews
Having looked at some of the things that you should consider when purchasing shavers, we are now going to review some of the best electric shavers that can be found on the market today.
BEST RAZOR OVERALL
Braun Series 5 5090cc
This is the best razor that you can find on the market, and it comes with all the high end features that one would expect in a razor. The razor comes with a unique combination of power and precision for uncompromising performance and skin comfort. It has a FlexMotionTec for delivering better contact, bringing the pressure on the skin down. The PowerDrive of this electric razor supplies 20% motor power for high speed shaving even when the hair is dense. For better cleaning and longer lasting shaver sharpness vs. water cleaning, Braun provides you with the convenience of the world’s only 4-action alcohol-based Clean & Charge Station for Series 5 razors: it cleans, charges, lubricates, and selects the cleaning program at the touch of a button, so your electric shaver feels like new every day.
THE BEST BUDGET RAZOR
Philips Norelco 2100
This shaver is practical and affordable.
- Convenient, easy shave closest electric shaver in its class compared to other entry level leading rotary and foil shavers
- Close-cut blade system- durable, self-sharpening blades for a close shave
- 4-direction flex heads- Heads flex in 4 directions to easily shave every curve of your face and neck
- Lithium-ion power- consistent maximum power year after year
- One touch open- shaver can be easily rinsed clean under the tap
BEST VALUE FOR THE MONEY SHAVER UNDER $100
Panasonic ES8103S Arc3
The Arc3 is a mid-range shaver that comes complete with features that are found in high end shavers but at a cheaper price. With its super-sharp blades, a great floating head, and a powerful motor.
- Panasonic Arc3 men’s electric shaver with 3 ultra-sharp Nanotech blades and ultra-thin Arc foil follow facial contours for a quick, comfortable shave.
- Flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck and jaw.
- The high-performance linear motor drive which delivers 13,000 cuts per minute and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge for consistently close and even shaving.
- Built-in Pop-up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns, wet/dry operation allows for convenient shaving in or out of the shower.
- The shavers 10-stage LCD shows battery status at a glance, and sonic vibration cleaning mode removes stubble for quick, easy electric razor cleaning under running water.
TOP WET-AND-DRY MONEY-NO-OBJECT SHAVER
Braun Series 9-9095cc
Braun Series 9 is an efficient and comfortable shaver. The intelligent Syncrosonic technology delivers 40.000 cross-cutting actions per minute for an outstandingly thorough shave and amazing skin comfort.
THE BEST SHAVER FOR THICK BEARDS
These beard clippers are versatile, sturdy, and ruthless when it comes to dealing with thick beards and other hair on your body. They are expensive but get the work done.
BEST ELECTRIC RAZOR FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
Philips Norelco 6400
This is the perfect shaver for people with sensitive skin that can’t tolerate friction or tugging. It comes at a pocket friendly price.
TOP RATED TRAVEL RAZOR FOR THE MONEY
This is the perfect electric razor for those that are always on the run. Even in the event that you’re in a part of the world without electricity, you won’t have to worry about your shave because this shaver is powered by AAA batteries.
TOP BEARD TRIMMER FOR THICK AND LONGER BEARDS
This shaver might be a little pricey but it will not only trim your hair, but also any other hair on your body without skipping a beat. It has a body comb attachment for grooming, and an ‘A’ comb attachment for facial trimming. The ‘B’ comb attachment can be used as a hair clipper or long beard trimmer. This shaver can be used cordless for almost an hour, and it can be cleaned by washing under running water.
BEST OVERALL BEARD TRIMMER
Philips Norelco 5100 Series
When it comes to trimming beards, the Philips Norelco 5100 emerges as best overall, and especially when you compare its price to other trimmers.
- Battery type: Lithium-ion
- Battery indicator
- Run time: Up to 70 minutes
- Charging: 1-hour full charge
- Self-sharpening steel blades
- Skin-friendly blades
- 5-year warranty offer
- Fully washable
BEST FOR STUBBLE AND SHORT BEARDS
Panasonic ER-GB40 Milano All-In-One
This one is not as good as the ER-GB80-S, but it works best for longer beards. It comes with 19 trim settings from 1mm to 10mm and can be used for both wet and dry shaving.
- Sharp 45° angle stainless-steel blades to create the optimal cutting edge for quick, efficient hair, mustache and beard trimming, Wet/Dry Washable
- Quick-adjust electric trimmer dial provides 19 precision settings for hair and beard trimming, sculpting, cutting and detailing
- Ergonomic, masculine design with rubberized grip
- Use cordless anywhere or plug in for longer use
- Includes handy men’s electric trimmer cleaning brush and AC charging stand; beard and mustache trimmer and stand fit easily in bags and luggage for travel
Hair and Head Shavers
BEST HAIR CLIPPER OVERALL
Wahl Professional 5-Star Magic Clip
This Wahl clipper comes with a strong motor, precise cutting and exceptional build quality making it the best in this league.
THE PROFESSIONALS PICK:
Oster Model 10 Classic
This clipper is expensive but the best in this category. This Oster model is supposed to be used by pro’s who don’t have an issue with the price.
- On/Off toggle switch for easy one hand operation
- Uses detachable blades
- Powerful universal motor cuts through all hair types comes with size 000 and 1 blades
- Extra-long 10 ft. power cord easily reaches around chair
- Break-resistant housing
TOP RATED CORDLESS CLIPPER
Sminiker Quiet Hair Clippers
This is the best cordless hair clipper on the market, and one advantage is that it is very quiet. Most of the cordless shavers on the market are junk and a waste of money.
- Heavy-duty gear for proper powerful cut, with stable and steady control. The R shaped rounded edge design prevents from accidentally hurting skin.
- Titanium blade combining with the ceramic movable blade for efficient and long term cutting. The titanium blade of the hair clipper doesn’t rust and is always sharp, ensuring durability.
- New user friendly, coming with 3-6-9-12mm guide combs. The combs are easily adjustable to the proper height. Leveled combs allow for the perfect trim.
- Precision motor, low vibration and ultra-quiet design, make it noiseless with only about 50 db., perfect for helping kids and babies feel at ease.
BEST HEAD SHAVER
Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper #8110
This comes with very sharp blades that are perfect for a bald shave. This is the perfect clipper for the smooth look. Package includes the clipper, (2) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush, instructions, and red blade guard.
Out of Reach
These are clippers that remove hair from noses or ears.
Creation Springs Electra-Trim Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer
The Electra-Trim is the best nose trimmer that can be found on the market even though it’s also pricier than other nose hair trimmers.
These are reviews of beard combs and oils.
DAFT Man Comb ‘Limited Edition’
This is a good looking comb that is made of strong materials and comes with a built in beer opener.
Smooth Viking Beard Brush for Men
This is a versatile brush that can be used for styling beards.
Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil
This oil softens beards and hydrates your skin.
Cremo Original Razor Cream Review
This is a good shaving cream to begin with.
VIKINGS BLADE Shaving Brush
This brush has a lovely design and feeling on the face, and it comes at a very good price.
Mennen Afta Pre-Electric Shaver Lotion
This lubricant from Mennen is cheap and gets the job done.
Aramis After Shave for Men
Aramis comes with a scent worth dying for.
Smolder Aftershave – By The Blades Grim
This comes with a wonderful vanilla scent that is perfect for ladies and men alike. It moisturizes the skin and goes on easy.
Shear Pleasure: Got Glamour Cobalt Molybdenum
These are sharp and accurate scissors meant for making detailed haircuts, even though it is pricey.
Top Toiletry Bag: Mister Bag Leather Travel Toiletry Bag
If you’re looking for the perfect travel toiletry bag, this one is stylish, affordable, practical, and effective, meant to keep your things well organized.
If you’re looking for the appropriate electrical shaver and accessories, you can choose one of the above, based on your manly matters.