Media is the best way to get information across to the public, and it comes in many different forms. It could be through television, magazines, or eve through the internet. People are paying millions to advertise their stuff in the media, knowing that it will reach their targeted customers. Sports is not left out here, and many of the premium channels on television, with the most viewers, are sports channels. This goes on to say what a he following sports has, and the role that the media plays. In this article, we are going to look at the role of the media in sport.
People will always be out there looking for entertainment, and this is something that the media knows very well. Like I mentioned above, people pay to be entertained by sports, and especially if they cannot actually be on the ground to watch the sports live.
Imagine missing out on the World Cup because you can’t be in the particular country where it is being held, or the flights and hotels are all fully booked! With the media, you have the opportunity to enjoy those games even when you’re not actually there. It saves you time and money, and you probably get to see the games from better positions than those that actually attended them. This is because of media privileges.
Best Trolling Reels
There are many different types of sports, and it all gears down to one’s personal interests. These could include baseball, hunting, and even fishing and boating. On the subject of fishing, we are now going to review some of the best trolling reels with line counter, that can be found today.
Winner – Penn Squall Level Wind Reel
Featuring bronze gears with a stainless steel pinion for reducing friction, this reel also comes with 3 carbon fiber drag washers that are backed by two drag spin. The reel has two anti-reverse systems, anti-reverse bearing and a backup anti-reverse bog, and the gear ratio allows for fast line recovery.
- Penn SQL20LW squall conventional
- Reel, RH, 2BB + 1RB, 4.9: 1 ratio
- Alum spool, Braid 20/865, 30/650, mono 17/415, 20/315
- Reels saltwater level wind
- Graphite frame and side plates keep the reel lightweight
- Machined high-strength main gear is marine grade bronze alloy
- High strength stainless steel pinion gear for the ideal smoothness
- HT-100 drag washers remain cool and smooth in the heat of battle
- 2+1 shielded stainless steel bearing system and anti-reverse
Runner Up – Okuma Cold Water Line Counter Trolling Reel
The Cold Water features a powerful drag foundation that has heavy-duty machine cut brass pinion gears, dual anti-reverse system, and full carbonite drag system. Internal components feature a Mechanical Stabilizing System for durability and long-term alignment of gears and shafts.
- Lightweight corrosion resistant side-plates and frame
- Multi-Disc carbonite drag system
- 2BB+1RB stainless steel bearings
- Self-lubricating gearing system
- Speed lock pinion gear system
- Ratcheting star drag for precision
- 1-year limited warranty
Alternative – Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter Level Wind Trolling Reel
This reel features a carbonate drag system, durable machine cut brass gears, and self-lubricating gear system. Some of the other features that it has include a lightweight corrosion resistant frame and side plates, corrosion resistant graphite spools, stainless steel reinforcing side plate rings, and it is backed by a 1-year warranty.
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for reliability and quality
- Used by professionals worldwide
- Line Counter
- Lightweight corrosion resistant frame and side plates
- Holds 420 yds. 20 lb. test
- 2 stainless steel ball bearings
- Stainless steel level wind line guide
If you’re an avid sport fishing fun, you can join in the fun by purchasing one of the reels reviewed above, or you could sit back and watch it on TV. That is the power of television, and the internet.