Art plays an important role in our lives, and chances are that as you’re reading this, you probably have at least one piece in your home. In this article, we are going to discuss the importance of art in daily life. With these reasons in mind, it will make it easier for you to appreciate art even more.
Art in the Home
When thinking of having art in the home, the first thing that will most likely come into mind is a painting, print or photograph on the wall. That is probably for beauty, but the truth is that art can also be very practical, such as a good looking quilt or a fancy lamp.
The Joy of Art
We can all live without art in our homes but having art around tends to make people happier and life more joyful. Looking at the pieces of art tends to boost our happiness. We are the ones that get to choose the art to put in our homes and that is very personal, creating the environment in which we want to live.
Art and Music
Both music and art play a major role in our lives, having good effects on our lives. They can both affect our moods and feelings. When stress levels are at an all high, art and music can relax us and bring us comfort.
Inspirational art as well as background music in offices increases the productivity of employees, and more and more companies are adapting to the trend. This is something that is actually proven to work.
Modern Wall Art Vs. Classic Wall Art
We have looked at some of the reasons why art is important in our daily lives, and now we believe that you’re ready to put some art into your home or office. We are going to compare modern wall art and classic wall art so that the next time that you’re after wall art ideas, you’ll have an idea what to go for.
Classic Wall Art
These are timeless, mystic designs that are geared towards the more modern people. Why would you want to buy modern wall art? The reasons are that modern wall art has an intricate design, and they also add value to the homes or offices.
When choosing classic wall art, it is important to ensure that some of the following things match:
- Colors: neutral colors including cream, ivory, beige with splashes of olive green, crimson or chocolate brown
- Walls: in the colors above
- Flooring: oriental rugs along with marble and slate floors.
- Furnishings: upholstered wood pieces
- Window Treatments: windows with drapes
Modern Wall Art
This is preferred by those that don’t wish to clatter their homes. Some of the reasons to purchase them include:
- Showcase personal style
- Suitable for professional environments
If the home matches the following descriptions, you can opt for modern wall art:
- Colors: white and black are the predominant colors
- Furnishing: metal furniture made using stainless steel or chrome, glass table tops and finishes
- Walls: plain and painted white.
- Flooring: granite, concrete and linoleum floors are preferred, as well as plain carpeting and plain wood floors.
- Window treatments: plain curtains or blinds, and nothing too fancy or frilly.
We have looked at the importance of art and it is important to have art around your homes or businesses. It is encouraged for those that don’t have art to at least try it and see the difference that it brings to homes.