What started as a social media platform for photo sharing has become a site that allows videos and now, even TV shows. So, if you have always wanted to get into the TV production world, you might find Instagram a useful launching space. The TV shows we will discuss in this list don’t follow typical TV show length regulations, that’s why they are showing up on Instagram and similar sites.
Before you launch your own Instagram TV show, you might want to purchase Instagram likes. If you don’t have many followers and liked images/videos, it will be hard to soar into superstardom. With more than 500 million subscribers, Instagram is definitely a great place to showcase your talents. You might just need that little boost that purchased likes can provide. But, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Let’s see what these other shows are doing, first.
3 TV Shows That are Appearing on Instagram
It’s hard to believe how drastically different TV is today than when we started watching it as kids. There are things allowed to be said and done that previously could only appear in a rated R movie. So, the switch from regular TV stations to less edited venues makes us a little apprehensive. However, these shows have done just that:
- Shield5- This is a scripted series of 15 second episodes. There are 28 overall. It takes place in London and is about a man who has been wrongfully accused of involvement in a colleague’s death while participating in a diamond heist. The main character, John Swift, is a security guard running from his enemies and the cops. You can read more about it here.
- Desert Friends– This was actually the world’s first Instagram TV show. Three friends, Emma, James, and Ruby, get warped into a distant galaxy and they want to get home. There is comedy galore in this innovative creation by Dave Hill. Feel free to watch some episodes or at least the trailer.
- Artistically Challenged– The story revolves around a young artist named Nick. He is living in New York and finds himself propelled into instant fame after a small lie. Unfortunately, he is finding out that all fibs, small or large, can cost a great deal. They are filming the second season of this show right now! Learn more.
TV Fans Should Follow These Instagram Accounts
Maybe you’re not ready to fully embrace the 15 second TV show. That’s ok. If you are a TV fan, these are the Instagram accounts you should put on your follow list. At least that way you’ll be up to date on all the “normal” TV shows that abound. Here they are:
- Kerry Washington
- January Jones
- Jenny Slate
- Official SNL account
- Aidy Bryant (don’t miss these)
- Lena Dunham
- Official Orange is the New Black account
- Ben Schwartz
- Kat Dennings
- Mindy Kaling
- Retta (learn more)
- Taran Killam
- Maisie Williams
- Patrick J. Adams
- Zooey Deschanel
- Jim Parsons
- Ellen Pompeo
- Norman Reedus (click this)
- Emma Roberts
- Taylor Schilling
- Jussie Smollett
- James Van Der Beek
If you love TV, and we know you do, that’s why you’re here, the people on this list will keep you clued in with what’s coming and behind the scenes imagery. You don’t want to miss their Instagram postings!